Director Falcon testified about the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight supplemental agreement with the Fannie Mae board of… read more
Director Falcon testified about the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight supplemental agreement with the Fannie Mae board of directors. He answered questions about his interim report on accounting and management failures at the home mortgage company Fannie Mae and made recommendations.
Among other changes, the agreement requires separation of the positions of chairman of the board of directors and the chief executive officer, as well as the implementation of controls surrounding account ledger entries. The agreement also requires Fannie Mae, if necessary, to restate earnings relating to newly reviewed accounting standards.
Mr. Falcon is resigning in May 2005. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Armando Falcon Director Department of Housing and Urban Development->Office of Fed. Housing Enterprise Oversight
- Joe Baca U.S. Representative [D] California
- Richard H. Baker U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Artur Davis U.S. Representative [D] Alabama
- Jeb Hensarling U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Paul E. Kanjorski U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Bob Ney U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- Michael Garver Oxley U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
- Christopher Shays U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Mel Watt U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
Management of Fannie Mae
Witnesses testified before the committee about accounting irregularities at Fannie Mae. Representatives from the…
Freddie Mac Accounting Practices Oversight
Mr. Falcon testified regarding accounting practices at Freddie Mac, and the events leading up to irregularities in…
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Mr. Pollock talked about the regulation and status of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Government Sponsored…
Members of the Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government Sponsored Enterprises heard…