At an evening event titled “Constitutional Conversation” moderated by Tim Russert, justices talked about the role and operation… read more
At an evening event titled “Constitutional Conversation” moderated by Tim Russert, justices talked about the role and operation of the Supreme Court, the state of civics knowledge and education, and the evolution of democratic institutions and principles during periods of societal change. They also talked about constitutional interpretation, judicial precedents, federalism, and various issues before the court.
A brief introductory video was shown.
The event at the National Archives' McGowan Theater was also sponsored by the National Constitution Center and the Aspen Institute. close
People in this video
- Stephen G. Breyer Associate Justice U.S. Supreme Court
- Walter Isaacson President National Conference on Citizenship
- Sandra Day O'Connor Associate Justice U.S. Supreme Court
- Tim Russert Moderator NBC->"Meet the Press"
- Antonin Scalia Associate Justice U.S. Supreme Court
- Richard "Rick" Stengel President and CEO National Constitution Center
- Allen Weinstein Archivist of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Cheney v. U.S. District Court Oral Arguments
Lawyers for the government, environmental groups, and watch dog organizations argued a case involving the disclosure of…
Supreme Court Affirmative Action Arguments
Justices heard oral arguments on two cases involving affirmative action and college admissions practices. At 10…
Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood Oral Argument
Attorneys made oral arguments in the case of Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood of Northern New England. Justices questioned…
Rumsfeld v. FAIR Oral Argument
Following some court business including the release of an opinion by Justice Thomas and admissions to the Supreme Court…