Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
The witnesses testified about pension issues, including the financial status of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and proposals to restructure it.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bailey, Sallie B. Controller Timken Company
- Belt, Bradley D. Executive Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Gebhardtsbauer, Ronald Senior Fellow American Academy of Actuaries->Pensions
- MacFarlane, Ian Strategist Medley Global Advisors->Markets
- Reuther, Alan Legislative Director UAW
- DeWine, Richard "Mike" Michael U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- Enzi, Michael "Mike" B. U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Isakson, John "Johnny" U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Mikulski, Barbara A. U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
Hybrid Pension Plans
The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Subcommittee on Retirement Security and Aging held a hearing on…
Pension Plan Structures
Witnesses testified about the recent practice by many corporations to change from a traditional pension plan to a cash…
Asbestos Exposure Claims
Witnesses testified about S. 852, proposed legislation that would set up a trust fund to compensate victims of asbestos…
Federal Protections for Pension Plans
Mr. Belt discussed the recent settlement with United Airlines, which would obligate Pension Benefit Guaranty…