A panel at the Young Republicans National Convention 2005 focused on the future of Social Security, the fiscal status of the system, youth… read more
A panel at the Young Republicans National Convention 2005 focused on the future of Social Security, the fiscal status of the system, youth understanding of issues surrounding retirement, and current proposals for Social Security reform, including personal retirement accounts. They generally supported Bush administration plans to restructure and reform Social Security. Following their remarks they answered questions from the audience.
The panel was moderated by Raj Bhakta, a former contestant on the television series “The Apprentice.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Raj Bahkta Founder Coalition for the Advancement of the Republic
- Robert L. Bixby Executive Director Concord Coalition
- Jessica Colon Chairman Fix Our Future
- Charles R. Gerow Chief Executive Officer Quantum Communications (Harrisburg, PA)
- David C. John Research Fellow Heritage Foundation->Economic Policy
- Matt Moore Senior Analyst National Center for Policy Analysis
- Max Pappas Policy Director FreedomWorks
More Videos From
The Future of Marriage
House Republican leaders talked with reporters about the need to update and ‘refurbish’ the Social Security…
House Republican Agenda
Representative Sanford talked about the House Republican agenda for the rest of the congressional session, including…
House Republican leaders spoke to reporters about issues on the Republican agenda.
Republican leaders spoke to reporters about energy legislation, Social Security, and the John Bolton nomination after…