The Senate continued consideration of S. 1241, the Violent Crime Control Act of 1991. The Senate received the nomination of Clarence Thomas to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Thad Cochran U.S. Senator [R] Mississippi
- Larry E. Craig U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- John C. Danforth U.S. Senator [R] Missouri
- Robert "Bob" Joseph Dole U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Slade Thomas Gorton III U.S. Senator [R] Washington
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Howell T. Heflin U.S. Senator [D] Alabama
- George J. Mitchell U.S. Senator [D] Maine
- Warren B. Rudman U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
- Arlen Specter U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- James "Strom" Strom Thurmond U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
Judge Thomas with Republican Senators
Republican senators answered reporters' questions in a photo opportunity during a visit to the U.S. Capitol by Clarence…
The Senate agreed to the conference report on S. 1722, to provide emergency unemployment compensation, by 65 yeas to 35…
A unanimous-consent agreement was reached providing for consideration of the nomination of Clarence Thomas of Georgia…
The Senate session continued.