State of U.S. Natural Gas Infrastructure
A public conference on the “State of the Natural Gas Infrastructure” was held inside the Commission Meeting Room of the offices… read more
A public conference on the “State of the Natural Gas Infrastructure” was held inside the Commission Meeting Room of the offices of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Following opening remarks from the commissioners, officials from the Office of Market Oversight and Investigations gave a presentation on short-term price effects of recent hurricanes.
The first panel was held on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita’s impact on the nation’s natural gas infrastructure. Panelists discussed damages that still needed repairs, prospects for the coming winter, and lessons learned from the natural disasters.
A second panel was held on the state of the pipeline industry. Members of the panel discussed the impact of financial conditions and current contracting practices on the industry ability to construct sufficient infrastructure to meet projected demands and changing sources of supply. Panelists talked about the replacement of long-term contracts at cost-based rates with short-term contracts at negotiated rates.
The third and final panel was held on the future of the pipeline industry. Members of the panel discussed which changes in current regulatory policies might increase interstate pipeline development. Panelists discussed how an adequate transmission system was necessary to meet expected increases in natural gas demand. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Larry W. Bickle Managing Director Haddington Ventures
- Samuel D. Brothwell Director Wachovia Corporation->Equity Research
- Nora Mead Brownell Commissioner Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- James J. Cleary President El Paso Corporation->Western Pipelines
- Patrick DeVille Director of Marketing ENSTOR
- Robert A. Flanders Staff Member Federal Energy Regulatory Commission->Office of Market Oversight and Assessment
- Michael F. Gildea Executive Director Constellation Energy Generation Group->Regulatory Policy
- David P. Halphen Vice President Enbridge Offshore Pipelines->Regulatory Affairs and Administration
- Stephen Jay Harvey Director Federal Energy Regulatory Commission->Office of Market Oversight and Assessment
- Skip Horvath President and CEO Natural Gas Supply Assn.
- Joseph T. Kelliher Chairman Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Suedeen G. Kelly Commissioner Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- David J. Manning Senior Vice President Keyspan Energy->Corporate Affairs
- Donald Mason Chairman National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- Scott E. Parker President Kinder Morgan->Natural Gas Pipelines
- Todd A. Shipman Finance Director Standard and Poor's->Utilities, Energy and Project Finance Group
- Richard G. Smead Director Navigant Consulting->Energy Practice
- Alexander E. Strawn Chairman Process Gas Consumers Group
- Michael J. Walsh Managing Director American International Group->AIG Highstar Capital
- James F. Wilson Principal LECG Corporation->Consulting Services
- Jeff Wright Project Manager Federal Energy Regulatory Commission->Office of Energy Projects
- Martha B. Wyrsch President and CEO Duke Energy Gas Transmission
State of the Energy Industry
Energy industry executives and experts in four panels talked about the state of the energy industry, issues, trends,…
Energy Prices in the West
Commissioners met to discuss rising energy costs in the West and agreed to restrain prices in the region by limiting…
Winter Fuel Costs
As part of a day-long conference on winter fuels supplies and pricing, Mr. Gist, using charts and graphs, talked…
Capitol Hill Stories
Participating by video feed, Mr. Cusack talked about drug companies requesting Congress enact a liability…