Technology and Health Information
Commissioners announced the commission’s report containing major policy recommendations for creating a connected system of electronic… read more
Commissioners announced the commission’s report containing major policy recommendations for creating a connected system of electronic health information. Members of Congress talked about proposed legislation for a unified electronic system to store patient health care information. The participants also answered reporters' questions.
The Commission was created by Senator Frist, who is a physician. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Brailer National Coordinator Department of Health and Human Services->Health Information Technology
- William "Bill" Frist M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Martin Harris Chair Cleveland Clinic Foundation->Information Technology Div.
- Dana Haza Director Commission on Systemic Interoperability
- Patrick Kennedy U.S. Representative [D] Rhode Island
- Tim Murphy U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Herbert Pardes President and CEO New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Thomas Priselac Commissioner Commission on Systemic Interoperability
- Cynthia Soloman Caretaker
- William Stead Vice Chancellor Vanderbilt University->Medical Center
- Scott Wallace Chair Commission on Systemic Interoperability
Health Care Records
Senator Clinton, former House Speaker Gingrich, and others held a bipartisan news conference to promote a bureau that…
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…
The House passed the Senate version of health care legislation by a vote of 219 to 212. The House passed both the…