Tsunami Disaster One Year Anniversary
United Nations other humanitarian relief experts spoke to reporters about recovery efforts in the 12 tsunami-affected countries one year… read more
United Nations other humanitarian relief experts spoke to reporters about recovery efforts in the 12 tsunami-affected countries one year after the disaster. Among the topics they spoke about were collaboration with governments, information management, damage assessment, and monetary costs. Following their remarks, they responded to questions and comments from the reporters. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Deepak Bhattasali Chief Economist World Bank->East Asia Region
- Gillian Dunn Director International Rescue Committee->Emergency Preparedness
- Johan Scharr Representative International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies->Tsunami Operations
- Eric Schwartz Senior Director National Security Council->Humanitarian Efforts
- Margareta Wahlstrom Assistant Secretary-General United Nations->Humanitarian Affairs
Ms. Bellamy spoke to reporters about international aid and assistance to victims of an Asian tsunami and the…
Mr. Kevin Kennedy, Chief of the Humanitarian Emergency Branch in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian…
Mr. Jan Egeland, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, provided an…
Mr. Egeland briefed reporters on the status of relief and aid efforts for the victims of an Asian tsunami.