Municipal Telecommunications Networks
Testimony focused on state and local telecommunications issues, including municipal networks. There was conflicting testimony between… read more
Testimony focused on state and local telecommunications issues, including municipal networks. There was conflicting testimony between private providers of broadband communications and state and local utilities as providers. It was emphasized that access to broadband should be available in rural areas as well as cities. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Altschul, Michael F. Senior Vice Principal and General Counsel Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Assn.
- Berryman, Donald President EarthLink->Municipal Networks
- Boone, Douglas Chief Executive Officer Premier Communications
- Munns, Diane President National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- Neff, Dianah Chief Information Officer Philadelphia, PA
- Perkins, John President National Assn. State Util. Consumer Adv.
- Sahr, Robert Commissioner South Dakota->Public Utilities
- Ensign, John U.S. Senator [R] Nevada
- Lautenberg, Frank R. U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Stevens, Theodore "Ted" F. U.S. Senator [R] Alaska
Telecommunications Industry Competition
The members of the Federal Communications Commission testified about competition in the telecommunications industry,…
National Broadband Plan
Julius Genachowski testified on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) national broadband plan, released by the…
Consumer Choice and Online Video
Witnesses testified about the impact of accessing video content online and via mobile devices on consumers, technology,…
Senator Stevens spoke about the 104th Congress’s telecommunications legislation, which seeks to reconcile federal…