Municipal Telecommunications Networks
Testimony focused on state and local telecommunications issues, including municipal networks. There was conflicting testimony between… read more
Testimony focused on state and local telecommunications issues, including municipal networks. There was conflicting testimony between private providers of broadband communications and state and local utilities as providers. It was emphasized that access to broadband should be available in rural areas as well as cities. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael F. Altschul Senior Vice Principal and General Counsel Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Assn.
- Donald Berryman President EarthLink->Municipal Networks
- Douglas Boone Chief Executive Officer Premier Communications
- Diane Munns President National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- Dianah Neff Chief Information Officer Philadelphia, PA
- John Perkins President National Assn. State Util. Consumer Adv.
- Robert Sahr Commissioner South Dakota->Public Utilities
- John Ensign U.S. Senator [R] Nevada
- Frank R. Lautenberg U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Theodore "Ted" F. Stevens U.S. Senator [R] Alaska
Telecommunications Industry Competition
The members of the Federal Communications Commission testified about competition in the telecommunications industry,…
National Broadband Plan
Julius Genachowski testified on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) national broadband plan, released by the…
Consumer Choice and Online Video
Witnesses testified about the impact of accessing video content online and via mobile devices on consumers, technology,…
Cell Phones and Consumer Protection
Witnesses testified about the practice of “cramming” wireless phone bills, in which consumers are charged…