The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee held a hearing on communications issues, policy governing interstate communication regulations, federal Universal Service Fund distribution, as well as Internet access in rural areas.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Shirley A. Bloomfield Vice President National Telecommunications Cooperative Association ->Government Affairs and Association Services
- Tony Clark Commissioner North Dakota Public Service Commission
- Carson Hughes Chief Executive Officer Telepax
- Jeff Mao Coordinator Maine->Education Department
- Ben Scott Policy Director Free Press, The
- Conrad Burns U.S. Senator [R] Montana
- James "Jim" DeMint U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Trent Lott U.S. Senator [R] Mississippi
- Gordon H. Smith U.S. Senator [R] Oregon
- Olympia J. Snowe U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Theodore "Ted" F. Stevens U.S. Senator [R] Alaska
- John E. Sununu U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
The committee held the third of three hearings to review the revised substitute version of S. 2686, the Communications,…
Municipal Telecommunications Networks
Testimony focused on state and local telecommunications issues, including municipal networks. There was…
Internet Access Issues
A hearing on Internet neutrality was held to consider overhauling sections of the Telecom Act of 1996. The net…
Protecting Children on the Internet
Witnesses testify about protecting children from indecent material on the Internet.