The Senate convened and began consideration of the Budget Resolution. Later in the day Senator Feingold introduced a resolution to censure… read more
The Senate convened and began consideration of the Budget Resolution.
Later in the day Senator Feingold introduced a resolution to censure President Bush for illegally authorizing wiretaps on American citizens on U.S. despite provisions of the Patriot Act and Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act requiring court warrants for such surveillance. Senator Specter responded to the resolution with several explanations of actions within the Senate Judiciary Committee for remedies to the situation.
The Senate confirmed the nomination of Leo Maury Gordon, of New Jersey, to be a judge of the U.S. Court of International Trade. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Susan M. Collins U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Kent Conrad U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Russell "Russ" Feingold U.S. Senator [D] Wisconsin
- William "Bill" Frist U.S. Senator [R] Tennessee
- Judd Alan Gregg U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Frank R. Lautenberg U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Patty Murray U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Arlen Specter U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Theodore "Ted" F. Stevens U.S. Senator [R] Alaska
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
President Bush Censure Resolution
Senator Feingold spoke to reporters about his introduction of a presidential censure resolution in the Senate. He…
Alito Supreme Court Nomination
Republican senators photo opportunity with Judge Alito.
Senators Reid and Dorgan criticized congressional oversight of the Bush administration and announced a new Democratic…
Presidential Censure Resolution
Mr. Gilbert spoke via telephone about a resolution, introduced by Senator Feingold, to censure President Bush for…