Social Security and Privacy Issues
The Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee held a hearing on privacy issues related to protecting individual… read more
The Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee held a hearing on privacy issues related to protecting individual Social Security numbers. Witnesses also testified about programs to identify high-risk practices and regulate electronic data and information storage. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kent, Steven Chairman National Research Council
- O'Carroll, Patrick Inspector General Social Security Administration
- Outland, Richard Assistant Branch Chief U.S. Secret Service->Forensic Services Div.
- Rotenberg, Marc Executive Director Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Streckewald, Frederick Assistant Deputy Commissioner Social Security Administration->Disability and Income Secur. Progs.
- Levin, Sander Martin U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- McCrery, Jim U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Pomeroy, Earl U.S. Representative [D] North Dakota
Identity Theft, Day 2
Witnesses testified about the advantages and disadvantages of restricting the use of Social Security…
Social Security Information Privacy
Subcommittee members heard testimony from Social Security Administration, government auditors and others concerning the…
Future of Social Security
Witnesses testified to the House Ways and Means Subcommittee about the potential impact of increased life expectancy on…
Social Security Appeals