Is the Death Penalty Dead?
The first prize-winning video for the high school section, Is the Death Penalty Dead?, was produced by Scott Hemphill, an 11th grade… read more
The first prize-winning video for the high school section, Is the Death Penalty Dead?, was produced by Scott Hemphill, an 11th grade student at Broken Arrow Senior High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The video examined the topic of the death penalty through interviews with citizens and C-SPAN footage of advocates and experts.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was a national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary exploring a current political topic using some C-SPAN footage and covering multiple viewpoints. The local cable company was Cox Communications. close
People in this video
- Scott Hemphill Contest Winner Broken Arrow (OK) Sr. High School
More Videos From
Book Discussion on [Anywhere, USA]
- Is the Death Penalty Dead?
- Religion in the Public Square
- International Wiretapping: The Current Controversy
- Illegal Downloading and Music File Sharing
- Internet Piracy: Do You?
- The Stem Cell Dilemma
- The FDA Caught in the Middle
- Something Has to Change
- A Nation Divided: The Supreme Court and Abortion
- Hate Without a Home
- The Juvenile Justice System
- Texas Redistricting: The Controversy
- Is Your Kid Safe on the School Bus?
- Abortion: The Debate Continues
- Who Is Listening: Wiretapping
- Katrina: Lessons to Be Remembered
- How No Child Left Behind Effects Kodiak, Alaska
- Domestic Surveillance and Its Effect on the American Public
- Water Pollution
- The Truth of Education
- Young America: The Power to Vote
- Budget Cuts
- Video Game Violence
Telephone lines were open for comments from viewers. Scott Hemphill was interviewed by telephone about his documentary…
International Wiretapping: The Current Controversy
One of the second prize-winning videos for the middle school section, International Wiretapping: The Current…
Is Your Kid Safe on the School Bus?
One of the third prize-winning videos, Is Your Kid Safe on the School Bus?, was produced Caitlyn Foster and Rachel…
Texas Redistricting: The Controversy
One of the third prize-winning videos, Texas Redistricting: The Controversy, was produced by Angie Thomas, a 12th grade…