Internet Piracy: Do You?
One of the second prize-winning videos for the middle school section, Internet Piracy: Do You?, was produced by Pete Brooks, an 8th grade… read more
One of the second prize-winning videos for the middle school section, Internet Piracy: Do You?, was produced by Pete Brooks, an 8th grade student at Woodland Junior High School in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The video examined the practice of downloading copyrighted material from the Internet.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was a national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary exploring a current political topic using some C-SPAN footage and covering multiple viewpoints. The local cable company was Cox Communications. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Pete Brooks Contest Winner Woodland Jr. High School (Fayetteville, AR)
More Videos From
Book Discussion on [Anywhere, USA]
- Is the Death Penalty Dead?
- Religion in the Public Square
- International Wiretapping: The Current Controversy
- Illegal Downloading and Music File Sharing
- Internet Piracy: Do You?
- The Stem Cell Dilemma
- The FDA Caught in the Middle
- Something Has to Change
- A Nation Divided: The Supreme Court and Abortion
- Hate Without a Home
- The Juvenile Justice System
- Texas Redistricting: The Controversy
- Is Your Kid Safe on the School Bus?
- Abortion: The Debate Continues
- Who Is Listening: Wiretapping
- Katrina: Lessons to Be Remembered
- How No Child Left Behind Effects Kodiak, Alaska
- Domestic Surveillance and Its Effect on the American Public
- Water Pollution
- The Truth of Education
- Young America: The Power to Vote
- Budget Cuts
- Video Game Violence
Google and Copyright Law
Mr. Davison spoke about Google’s plan to offer portions of text of books from the collections of three…
Google Print Debate
Ms. Singleton moderated a panel titled “Gutenberg Meets Google: The Debate About Google Print.”…
File-Sharing Software Liability
A hearing was held on the liability of file-sharing software companies. Witnesses testified about the practice of…
Moderated by Marvin Kalb, the panelists debated all sides of the topic, “Whose Work Is It, Anyway? The…