The FDA Caught in the Middle
One of the second prize-winning videos for the high school section, The FDA Caught in the Middle, was produced by Daniel Guenther, a 10th… read more
One of the second prize-winning videos for the high school section, The FDA Caught in the Middle, was produced by Daniel Guenther, a 10th grade student home schooled in Puyallup, Washington. The video examined problems with the Food and Drug Administration.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was a national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary exploring a current political topic using some C-SPAN footage and covering multiple viewpoints. The local cable company was Comcast. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Daniel Guenther Contest Winner Puyallup, WA
More Videos From
Book Discussion on [Anywhere, USA]
- Is the Death Penalty Dead?
- Religion in the Public Square
- International Wiretapping: The Current Controversy
- Illegal Downloading and Music File Sharing
- Internet Piracy: Do You?
- The Stem Cell Dilemma
- The FDA Caught in the Middle
- Something Has to Change
- A Nation Divided: The Supreme Court and Abortion
- Hate Without a Home
- The Juvenile Justice System
- Texas Redistricting: The Controversy
- Is Your Kid Safe on the School Bus?
- Abortion: The Debate Continues
- Who Is Listening: Wiretapping
- Katrina: Lessons to Be Remembered
- How No Child Left Behind Effects Kodiak, Alaska
- Domestic Surveillance and Its Effect on the American Public
- Water Pollution
- The Truth of Education
- Young America: The Power to Vote
- Budget Cuts
- Video Game Violence
Daniel Guenther was interviewed by telephone about the video he produced, The FDA Caught in the Middle. The video was…
The Future of the Food and Drug Administration
The acting Commissioner addressed an FDA Science Forum celebrating the agency’s 100th anniversary. His topic…
Safety of FDA Approved Drugs
The National Academies Institute of Medicine holds a meeting on the safety of FDA approved drugs. The Food and…
Prescription Drug Safety
The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee heard testimony from medical experts and consumer advocates…