Border and Immigration Policy
The House Judiciary Committee held a field hearing at Chamizal National Memorial in El Paso, Texas. The hearing examined the financial… read more
The House Judiciary Committee held a field hearing at Chamizal National Memorial in El Paso, Texas. The hearing examined the financial impact of illegal immigration on border communities. The hearing also poses the question “Should Mexico Hold Veto Power over U.S. Border Security Decisions?” in regard to a Senate proposal that expansion of border fencing would only be done in consultation with Mexico.
The video picture was often dark due to lighting difficulties in the theater. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Silvestre Reyes U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Leo Samaniego Sheriff El Paso County, TX
- Alison Siskin Senior Analyst Congressional Research Service
- Kathleen Campell Walker President-Elect American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Richard Wiles Police Chief El Paso, TX
- Louis "Louie" B. Gohmert Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- John N. Hostettler U.S. Representative [R] Indiana
- Sheila Jackson Lee U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- James Sensenbrenner Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Wisconsin