Global Threats in the 21st Century
A roundtable of six internationally renowned panelists in world affairs, health, technology, and industry explored the issues of living in… read more
A roundtable of six internationally renowned panelists in world affairs, health, technology, and industry explored the issues of living in turbulent times, from terrorism and nuclear proliferation to potential pandemics, dependence on foreign oil from volatile regions, and the unsettling implications of an interconnected, global society. The panelists addressed topics such as whether it is ever reasonable to feel safe and how to address the myriad of challenges. Ted Koppel served as moderator.
The discussion was conducted in a roundtable forum in Maples Pavilion before an audience of several thousand. The event was part of Reunion Homecoming Weekend. close
People in this video
- Jean-Pierre Garnier Chief Executive Officer GlaxoSmithKline
- John Hennessy President Stanford University
- Anthony M. Kennedy Associate Justice U.S. Supreme Court
- Ted Koppel Managing Editor Discovery Channel
- William J. Perry Secretary (Former) Department of Defense
- Lucy Shapiro Professor Stanford University->School of Medicine
- George P. Shultz Secretary (Former) Department of State
- Jerry Yang Co-Founder Yahoo!
Strategy to Secure Cyberspace
Participants talked about the establishment of the National Infrastructure Advisory Council and ways to protect…
Technology and Anti-Terrorism Efforts
Mr. Schulz talked about efforts to combat terrorism and the prospects for Middle East peace.
Terrorism and Democracy
Participants talked about international efforts to combat terrorism, threats posed by organizations in the Americas,…
Book Discussion on Issues on My Mind
George Shultz talked about his book, Issues on My Mind: Strategies for the Future, in which he discusses such topics as…