Health and safety officials testified about a recent outbreak of E. coli in California spinach that required a national recall of fresh… read more
Health and safety officials testified about a recent outbreak of E. coli in California spinach that required a national recall of fresh spinach and resulted in death in some instances. They talked about inspection methods, tracking of contaminated foods, responses by state and federal agencies, the impact of the recall on business, and public safety precautions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert E. Brackett Director U.S. Food and Drug Administration->Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Terri-Anne Crawford Vice President and COO Franwell, Inc.
- Lonnie J. King Senior Veterinarian Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jeff Palmer President and General Manager DayMark Safety Systems
- Kevin Reilly Deputy Director California Department of Health Services->Prevention Services
- John D. Vazzana President and CEO Intralytix, Inc.
- Robert J. Whitaker President MissionStar Processing
- Richard Burr U.S. Senator [R] North Carolina
- Michael "Mike" B. Enzi U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Johnny Isakson U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
Witnesses testified about food safety. This hearing was held after a report to the Food and Drug Administration…
Food and Drug Administration Nomination Hearing
The Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee hold a hearing on the confirmation of Lester M. Crawford as…
Recent Salmonella Outbreak
Recent Salmonella Outbreak PT 2
Prescription Drug Safety
The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee heard testimony from medical experts and consumer advocates…