Minimum Wage Increase
Democratic Senators, other leaders, and activists spoke to the press about proposals to raise the federal minimum wage. Activists from… read more
Democratic Senators, other leaders, and activists spoke to the press about proposals to raise the federal minimum wage. Activists from the six states - Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Missouri, Nevada, and Ohio - that voted to raise the minimum wage during the previous week’s midterm elections attended the news conference. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Hillary Rodham Clinton U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Lenny Jones Director Give Missourians A Raise Campaign
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Alicia Russell Chairman Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)->Arizona
- Chuck Schumer U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Paul H. Sherry Coordinator Let Justice Roll
- John L. Sweeney President AFL-CIO
Democratic National Security Agenda
Senate Democratic leaders announced new legislation on intelligence gathering, homeland security, and counterterrorism…
Senators debated an amendment to defense funding legislation expressing a sense of no confidence in the leadership of…
The Senate convened and began a period of morning business.
The Senate convened and proceeded to consideration of H.R.9 , the Voting Rights Reauthorization bill.