Insider Trading and Hedge Funds
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing on enforcement of criminal insider trading and hedge fund activity. The hearings… read more
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary held a hearing on enforcement of criminal insider trading and hedge fund activity. The hearings focused on whistle-blowing protections and Gary Aguirre’s claims that he was fired in September 2005 after he attempted to investigate a possible case of a hedge fund profiting by trading on inside information. Witnesses also testified more generally about the amount of hedge fund trading in financial markets, information sharing between the Security and Exchange Commission and Federal Bureau of Investigation, and proposed legislation to better protect whistle-blowers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Aguirre, Gary J. Investigator (Former) Securities and Exchange Commission
- Berger, Paul R. Associate Director (Former) Securities and Exchange Commission->Enforcement Division
- Blumenthal, Richard Attorney General Connecticut
- Hanson, Robert B. Branch Chief Securities and Exchange Commission->Enforcement Division
- Kreitman, Mark Assistant Director Securities and Exchange Commission->Enforcement Division
- Ribelin, Eric Branch Chief Securities and Exchange Commission->Office of Market Surveillance
- Stachnik, Walter J. Inspector General Securities and Exchange Commission
- Tenpas, Ronald J. Associate Dep. Attorney Gen. Department of Justice
- Thomsen, Linda C. Director Securities and Exchange Commission->Division of Enforcement
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Witnesses testified on efforts to slow the growth of home mortgage foreclosures through bankruptcy courts.
Aerial Drone Use in the U.S.
Law enforcement, legal, and industry experts testified on the domestic use of unpiloted aerial vehicles (UAVs), also…
Judicial Nominations Hearing
The Senate Judiciary Committee held a hearing on the nominations of Michael Wallace to the 5th Circuit of the U.S.…
Senate Legislative Agenda
Senator Specter spoke about the Senate agenda in the final weeks before a scheduled recess prior to midterm…