Issues in Journalism
A panel moderated by Norman Pearlstine talked about the future of the news industry. Among the topics they addressed were public… read more
A panel moderated by Norman Pearlstine talked about the future of the news industry. Among the topics they addressed were public perceptions of various forms of media, the state of the news industry, the impact of technology and availability of information on traditional forms of news dissemination, and the future of journalism. They also answered questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Abramson, Jill Managing Editor New York Times
- Berlowitz, Leslie C. Chief Executive Officer American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Carroll, John S. Visiting Lecturer Harvard University->Shorenstein (Joan) Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy
- Jarvis, Jeff Columnist Buzzmachine.com
- Klein, Jonathan President CNN Worldwide->CNN/U.S.
- Moore, Ann Chairman and CEO Time Inc., New Media
- Overholser, Geneva Professor University of Missouri, Columbia->School of Journalism
- Pearlstine, Norman Editor-in-Chief (Former) Time, Inc.
Book Discussion on Econospinning
Gene Epstein talked about his book Econospinning: How to Read Between the Lines When the Media Manipulate the Numbers,…
Ethics and Journalism
As part of an event honoring Clay Felker, the panelists, moderated by Mr. Schell, discussed the ethics of…
New Media and the Future of Journalism
Participants talked about the impact of the Internet and on-line technology on the news media at a forum celebrating…
Bob Schieffer moderated a conversation with journalists on “The Changing Communications Landscape.” Among…