Future of Iraq
Members of the House Armed Services Committee talked about their agenda for Iraq in the 110th Congress. Topics included Afghanistan,… read more
Members of the House Armed Services Committee talked about their agenda for Iraq in the 110th Congress. Topics included Afghanistan, global terrorism, al Qaida, methods of warfare, and reconstruction of Iraq. After their presentations the congressmen responded to audience members' questions. Mr. DuBois moderated.
This event titled “The Way Forward in Iraq” was part of the Congressional Forum series. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- DuBois, Raymond F. Jr. Senior Adviser Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Hamre, John J. Member Iraqi Security Forces Indep.Assess.Cmsn.
- Marshall, James "Jim" U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Saxton, H. "James" James U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Skelton, Isaac "Ike" U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Thornberry, William "Mac" McClellan U.S. Representative [R] Texas
Fiscal Year 2008 Defense Budget
Secretary Gates, General Pace, and Ms. Jonas testified about the proposed fiscal year 2008 budget for the Defense…
Members debated a non-binding resolution opposing current U.S. policy in Iraq while supporting military personnel…
The House debated a non-binding resolution (H. Res. 861) on support for operations in Iraq and efforts to combat…