U.S. Ocean Policy
The Joint Ocean Commission Initiative, a collaborative, bipartisan effort of the U.S. Commission on Ocean Policy and Pew Oceans Commission,… read more
The Joint Ocean Commission Initiative, a collaborative, bipartisan effort of the U.S. Commission on Ocean Policy and Pew Oceans Commission, released a report on U.S. progress in reforming its ocean policies. Members of Congress and others talked with reporters about the crisis involving oceans. Topics included the findings in the report, the need for federal funding, oceans and fisheries research, and international implications. Initiative co-chairs Admiral Watkins and former Rep. Panetta responded to reporters' questions.
Reps. Saxton, Farr, and Gilchrest are co-chairs of the Joint Bipartisan Oceans Caucus. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mikulski, Barbara A. U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Panetta, Leon E. Co-Chair Joint Ocean Commission Initiative
- Rahall, Nick Joe U.S. Representative [D] West Virginia
- Saxton, H. "James" James U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Watkins, James D. Co-Chairman Joint Ocean Commission Initiative