Witnesses testified about college costs and debt, including proposals to increase need-based aid to college students, help student borrowers better manage their debt, reform federal student loan programs, and address rising college tuition costs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Baum, Sandy Senior Policy Analyst College Board
- Draut, Tamara Director Demos->Economic Opportunity Program
- Oberg, Jon H. Researcher (Former) Department of Education
- Orman, Suze Host CNBC->Suze Orman Show
- Enzi, Michael "Mike" B. U.S. Senator [R] Wyoming
- Isakson, John "Johnny" U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Kennedy, Edward "Ted" M. U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
Mr. Hansen appeared before the committee to testify about student loan programs and a proposal to grant student…
Tobacco Products Regulation
Witnesses testified about legislation that would give the Food and Drug Administration the authority to regulate…
Bill Gates testified about the state of education in the U.S. and its impact on the ability of Americans to compete in…
Health and safety officials testified about a recent outbreak of E. coli in California spinach that required a national…