Islamic Radicalism in the U.S.
Witnesses testified about the threat of Islamic radicalism and potential terrorist actions within the United States. Among the issues… read more
Witnesses testified about the threat of Islamic radicalism and potential terrorist actions within the United States. Among the issues addressed were threats emerging from groups based within he U.S., developing homeland security strategies to investigate and protect against homegrown terrorism, and the prevalence of Islamic extremism in U.S. society. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles E. Allen Chief Intelligence Officer Department of Homeland Security
- Michael Chertoff Secretary Department of Homeland Security
- Daniel W. Sutherland Officer Department of Homeland Security->Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
- Daniel K. Akaka U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Tom Carper U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Norm Coleman U.S. Senator [R] Minnesota
- Susan M. Collins U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Joseph "Joe" Lieberman U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
- Claire McCaskill U.S. Senator [D] Missouri
- Mark Pryor U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Jon Tester U.S. Senator [D] Montana
- George V Voinovich U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- John W. Warner U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
Government Waste and Fraud
Senators talked to reporters about wasteful spending programs and a report on government waste and…
Fiscal Year 2008 Budget Markup
The Senate Budget Committee heard opening remarks on its markup of the proposed fiscal year 2008 budget.
Safe Port Legislation Reaction
Officials spoke to the press after attending the signing of H.R. 4954, the SAFE Port Act.
Domestic Spy Satellite Use
House Homeland Security Committee held a hearing titled “Turning Spy Satellites on the Homeland: the Privacy and…