Alternative Minimum Tax
Tax preparation professionals and individual tax payers testified about the Alternative Minimum Tax, the impact of the tax system on a growing number of taxpayers, and proposals to either eliminate or redefine the tax.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joel Campbell Resident Loudoun County, VA
- Michael K. Day Sr. President Baltimore County Professional Fire Fighters Association
- David A. Lifson President-Elect New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Jon A. Nixon Partner Katzman Weinstein and Co.
- Margaret L. N. Rauh Tax Preparer Springfield, MA
- Joseph W. Walloch Chair (Designate) American Institute of Certified Public Accountants->Individual Income Tax Technical Resource Panel
- Phil English U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Richard Neal U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Thomas "Tom" Reynolds U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Allyson Schwartz U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
Democratic Radio Response
Representative Neal talked about taxes, focusing on companies, known as corporate expatriates, who moved their…
Tax Cuts Extensions
Witnesses testified on on expiring tax provisions and the criteria lawmakers should use to evaluate expiring tax…
Tax Credits and Welfare Programs
Witnesses testified about U.S. tax credits and welfare programs, and whether the programs discouraged work and higher…
2007 Tax Season
Commissioner Everson addressed future tax administration issues and reported on the 2007 tax season. Topics…