Book Discussion on Puerto Rico's Future
Dick Thornburgh talked about his book, Puerto Rico’s Future: A Time to Decide, published by the Center for Strategic and… read more
Dick Thornburgh talked about his book, Puerto Rico’s Future: A Time to Decide, published by the Center for Strategic and International Studies. He was joined by a panel of experts to look at U.S. policy toward the territory of Puerto Rico and argue for some form of sovereignty for the island’s people. After their discussion the participants responded to audience members' questions.
Dick Thornburgh is also a former governor of Pennsylvania, and a former undersecretary general of the United Nations. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jose Fuentes Attorney General (Former) Department of Justice-> District of Puerto Rico
- John J. Hamre Member Iraqi Security Forces Indep.Assess.Cmsn.
- Kay King Vice President Center for Strategic and International Studies->External Relations
- Robert T. Lagomarsino U.S. Representative (Former) [R] California
- Richard Thornburgh Attorney General (Former) Pennsylvania
- Juan R. Torruella Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->First Circuit
Future of Somalia
Senator Feingold delivered the opening keynote speech on U.S. policy in Africa, recent conflict and events in Somalia,…
Book Discussion on Annihilation from Within
Fred Charles Ikle talked about his book Annihilation from Within: The Ultimate Threat to Nations, published by Columbia…
Future of Afghanistan
Foreign Minister Spanta spoke about the pace of reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan, international security…
Technology Exports to China
Undersecretary David McCormick talked about a new U.S. policy on exporting dual-use non-military technology to…