Future of U.S. and Global Economies
A policy forum on the future of the American and global economies called “Will the Economic Sky Fall?” was held in the Hart… read more
A policy forum on the future of the American and global economies called “Will the Economic Sky Fall?” was held in the Hart Senate Office Building. Participants discussed the international economic climate and its implications for American economic policy. The panelists responded to questions from the audience.
Opening remarks were made by Mr. Clemons and former Senator Kerrey.
The panel was moderated by Sebastian Mallaby. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Steven C. Clemons Senior Fellow and Director New America Foundation->American Strategy Program
- James K. Galbraith Professor University of Texas at Austin->LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Douglas J. Holtz-Eakin Director (Former) McCain Presidential Campaign->Economic Policy
- J. "Robert" Robert Kerrey Board Member Nebraska
- James Kolbe Senior Fellow German Marshall Fund of the United States->Transatlantic Fellows Program
- Sebastian Mallaby Columnist Washington Post
- Michael J. Mandel Chief Economist Business Week
- Clyde V. Prestowitz Jr. President Economic Strategy Institute
- Daniel Yergin Co-Founder and Chair Cambridge Energy Research Associates
Housing Market and the Economy
The panelists discussed issues currently unfolding in the U.S. economy. Topics included the housing market and its…
Book Discussion on The Quest
Daniel Yergin talked about his book, The Quest: Energy, Security and the Remaking of the Modern World. It is a…
Book Discussion on The Age of Turbulence
Alan Greenspan was interviewed on stage about his memoir, The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World, published…
Federal Role in Economic Growth
Desmond Lachman offered a Power Point presentation, followed by remarks by Joel Kotkin on the economic report he…