Homeowner Borrowing Strategies
Introductory remarks were made by Frank Davis, Brian Montgomery, and Secretary Jackson. The panelists discussed strategies to reach… read more
Introductory remarks were made by Frank Davis, Brian Montgomery, and Secretary Jackson.
The panelists discussed strategies to reach homeowners in debt. Michelle Singletary moderated. Topics included the state of the housing market, education of home buyers, change in FHA limits, reasons why delinquent homeowners who won’t ask for help when they need it, foreclosure solutions, free counseling services, non-profit organizations, and avoidance of scams. The panelists responded to audience members' questions.
“Successful Outreach Strategies for Borrowers in Need” was a panel of the Homeownership Summit of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Frank L. Davis Deputy Commissioner Federal Housing Administration
- Marcia Griffin President HomeFree USA
- Colleen Hernandez President and Executive Dir. Homeownership Preservation Foundation
- Alphonso R. Jackson Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Robin Stout Magala Senior Manager Freddie Mac->Delinquency Resolution
- Brian D. Montgomery Assistant Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development->Housing
- Michelle Singletary Columnist Washington Post->Personal Finance
- Ken Wade Chief Executive Officer Neighborworks America
More Videos From
Preventing Mortgage Foreclosures
Government officials and mortgage industry representatives spoke about the state of the banking industry, mortgage…
Home Refinancing and Foreclosure Prevention
The panelists discussed strategies for helping homeowners in debt keep their homes. Ken Harney…
U.S. Home Ownership
Secretary Jackson talked about the home-buying process, how to help those who own a home to stay in it, and legislation…
The House Financial Services Committee held a hearing titled “Legislative and Regulatory Options for Minimizing…