Home Refinancing and Foreclosure Prevention
The panelists discussed strategies for helping homeowners in debt keep their homes. Ken Harney moderated. Topics included loss… read more
The panelists discussed strategies for helping homeowners in debt keep their homes. Ken Harney moderated. Topics included loss mitigation, refinancing programs, and tools and techniques for helping those in the throes of foreclosure. Also discussed were repayment plans and forebearance agreements. After their presentations the speakers responded to audience members' questions. Assistant Secretary Montgomery made closing remarks.
“How to Keep Borrowers in Their Homes” was a panel of the Homeownership Summit of the Department of Housing and Urban Development. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Anderson Senior Vice President First Madison Services
- Frank L. Davis Deputy Commissioner Federal Housing Administration
- Douglas Garver Executive Director Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Kenneth Harney Columnist Washington Post
- William Longbrake Senior Policy Adviser Financial Services Roundtable
- George Miller Executive Director American Securitization Forum
- Brian D. Montgomery Assistant Secretary Department of Housing and Urban Development->Housing
More Videos From
Homeowner Borrowing Strategies
Introductory remarks were made by Frank Davis, Brian Montgomery, and Secretary Jackson.
br/ The panelists discussed…
Preventing Mortgage Foreclosures
Government officials and mortgage industry representatives spoke about the state of the banking industry, mortgage…
Federal Housing Administration
The Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related
Agencies held a hearing on the solvency…