Conservatism in the U.S.
The panelists talked about issues challenging the conservative movement such as illegal immigration, government spending, and global… read more
The panelists talked about issues challenging the conservative movement such as illegal immigration, government spending, and global climate change. Topics included conservative responses to these issues and solutions that Congress has failed to address. After their presentations they responded to audience members' questions.
Stephen Slivinski is the author of Buck Wild: How Republicans Broke the Bank and Became the Party of Big Government, published by Nelson Current. Iain Murray is a contributor to the blog Planet Gore.
The event was held in Rayburn House Office Building. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kimberly Benning Scholar Young America's Foundation->Sarah T. Hermann Intern Scholars Program
- Nicholas Hahn Scholar Young America's Foundation
- Terence "Terry" P. Jeffrey Editor at Large Human Events
- Iain Murray Senior Fellow Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Tim Qualtere Scholar Young America's Foundation
- Stephen A. Slivinski Director Cato Institute->Budget Studies
Robert Novak talked about the field of presidential candidates 18 months before the 2008 election. He also talked…
Great Books to Read in College
A panel discussion was held on “Great Books to Read in College.” The panelists answered questions from the…
Conservative Political Issues
Ms. Coulter spoke about presidential campaign politics, the political climate in the country, and the influence of…
Conservative Domestic Policy Agenda
Terry Jeffrey moderated and the panelists discussed the conservative domestic policy agenda. Topics included the…