Book Discussion on Breaking News
Some of the contributors talked about their book, Breaking News: How the Associated Press Has Covered War, Peace, and Everything Else.… read more
Some of the contributors talked about their book, Breaking News: How the Associated Press Has Covered War, Peace, and Everything Else. Reporters for the Associated Press recalled their coverage of major world events in this book, including the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War. The largest news organization in the world, AP was founded in 1846. After their presentations the panelists responded to audience members' questions.
The event was held at the National Press Club. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dunham, Richard S. President Friedheim (Eric) National Journalism Library->Board of Directors
- Edmonds, Ron Senior Photographer Associated Press->White House
- Esper, George Bureau Chief (Former) Associated Press->Saigon
- Johnson, Kathryn Correspondent (Former) Associated Press->Atlanta
- Mears, Walter Correspondent (Former) Associated Press
- Overby, Charles L. Chairman and CEO Newseum
- Urschel, Joe Executive Director Newseum
Journalists Memorial Dedication
The Newseum dedicated the Journalists Memorial inside its new museum that honors 1,843 journalists from around the…
Media Coverage of Presidential Campaigns
A panel of journalists talked about the upcoming election year and the changes in campaign coverage. They…
Newseum Dedication Ceremony
A dedication ceremony was held for the new Newseum facility in Washington, D.C.
The ceremony in the Walter and Leonore…
Professionalism of Journalists
Newseum hosted a full-day symposium titled “Examining Opinion and Bias in the News: The Grant Howell Legacy…