Gulf Coast Hurricanes and the Federal Budget
Witnesses testified about the long-term impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita will have on the federal budget, including the waste and poor decision-making in the initial response, and a total accounting of federal spending to date.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Donald Boutte Minister St. John Baptist Church (New Orleans, LA)
- Stanley J. Czerwinski Director Government Accountability Office->Strategic Issues
- Donald E. Powell Coordinator Department of Homeland Security->Gulf Coast Rebuilding
- Rodney Alexander U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- Josiah "Jo" R. Bonner Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Alabama
- Allen Boyd U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Thomas "Chet" Chester Edwards U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Bob Etheridge U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Jeb Hensarling U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Paul Ryan U.S. Representative [R] Wisconsin
- Robert "Bobby" Scott U.S. Representative [D] Virginia
- John M Spratt Jr. U.S. Representative [D] South Carolina
Gulf Coast Recovery
The Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery heard testimony on government accountability in the Gulf Coast recovery…
Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Resolution Conference
The House and Senate Budget Committees met to confer on the Fiscal Year 2010 Budget Resolution.
Impact of Hurricanes on Fiscal Year 2007 Budget
Mr. Holz-Eakin testified about the potential impact of relief and recovery efforts in response to Hurricanes…
Gulf Coast Housing Program
The subcommittee held an oversight hearing to investigate problems, including a potential $3 billion budget shortfall,…