Minority Health Disparities
The panelists talked about the effect of minority and multicultural health care disparities and the role of state governments in resolving… read more
The panelists talked about the effect of minority and multicultural health care disparities and the role of state governments in resolving these issues.
Linda Holmes is executive director of Minority and Multicultural Health Services of the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
This session was part of the Strong States, Strong Nation Legislative Summit held in the Boston Convention Center. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Raul Burciaga Staff Vice Chairman National Conference of State Legislatures->Health Committee
- Linda Holmes Official New Jersey->Health and Senior Services Dept.
- A.J. Jones Policy Director U.S. House of Representatives->Clyburn, J. (D-SC)
- Peter Koutoujian State Representative Massachusetts
- Michelle Proser Research Analyst National Association of Community Health Centers
- Elena Rios M.D. President and CEO National Hispanic Medical Assn.
- Dianne Wilkerson State Senator Massachusetts
Electoral College and the Popular Vote
Panelists talked about a movement to by-pass the Electoral College and award the presidency to the candidate winning…
Panelists talked about state and federal programs and policies for fair and accurate elections. Among the topics…
States and Universal Health Care
The panelists discussed health care reform and whether states should use a universal or incremental approach. They…
Panelists discussed an expected mid-summer ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that could have a far reaching impact on…