Minority Health Disparities
The panelists talked about the effect of minority and multicultural health care disparities and the role of state governments in resolving… read more
The panelists talked about the effect of minority and multicultural health care disparities and the role of state governments in resolving these issues.
Linda Holmes is executive director of Minority and Multicultural Health Services of the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
This session was part of the Strong States, Strong Nation Legislative Summit held in the Boston Convention Center. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Burciaga, Raul Staff Vice Chairman National Conference of State Legislatures->Health Committee
- Holmes, Linda Official New Jersey->Health and Senior Services Dept.
- Jones, A.J. Policy Director U.S. House of Representatives->Clyburn, J. (D-SC)
- Koutoujian, Peter State Representative Massachusetts
- Proser, Michelle Research Analyst National Association of Community Health Centers
- Rios, Elena M.D. President and CEO National Hispanic Medical Assn.
- Wilkerson, Dianne State Senator Massachusetts
A panel discussion was held on financing government without raising taxes.
-- Presiding: Senator Emmett Hanger, Jr.,…
Electoral College and the Popular Vote
Panelists talked about a movement to by-pass the Electoral College and award the presidency to the candidate winning…
Panelists talked about state and federal programs and policies for fair and accurate elections. Among the topics…
States and Universal Health Care
The panelists discussed health care reform and whether states should use a universal or incremental approach. They…