Book Discussion on Tough Liberal
Richard Kahlenberg talked about his book Tough Liberal: Albert Shanker and the Battles Over Schools, Unions, Race, and Democracy, published… read more
Richard Kahlenberg talked about his book Tough Liberal: Albert Shanker and the Battles Over Schools, Unions, Race, and Democracy, published by Columbia University Press. The book is about the life and career of Albert Shanker, president of the United Federation of Teachers from 1964 to 1984 and president of the American Federation of Teachers from 1974 to 1997.
Commentary was provided by Eugenia Kemble of the Albert Shanker Institute, Sol Hurwitz of the Committee for Economic Development, former assistant secretary of education Diane Ravitch, former Shanker adviser Bella Rosenberg, and United Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten.
The discussion breakfast discussion took place at the East Side Marriott in New York City. close
People in this video
- Sol Hurwitz President Committee for Economic Development
- Richard D. Kahlenberg Senior Fellow Century Foundation
- Eugenia Kemble Executive Director Albert Shanker Institute
- Charles Kolb President Committee for Economic Development
- Diane Ravitch Assistant Secretary (Former) Department of Education->Research
- Bella Rosenberg Assistant to the President American Federation of Teachers
- Randi Weingarten President United Federation of Teachers
Book Discussion on Reign of Error
Diane Ravitch talked about her book, Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to…
Book Discussion on Learning A New Land
Carola Suarez-Orozco and Marcelo Suarez-Orozco talked about their book, Learning A New Land: Immigrant Students in…
Book Discussion on One Nation, One Standard
Herman Badillo talked about his book, One Nation, One Standard: An Ex-Liberal on How Hispanics Can Succeed Just Like…
Book Discussion on The Death of "Why?"
Andrea Batista Schlesinger talked about her book The Death of "Why?": The Decline of Questioning and the Future of…