A symposium was held on gun violence in schools, in cities, and directed at public officials. Cynthia Baldwin moderated the event… read more
A symposium was held on gun violence in schools, in cities, and directed at public officials. Cynthia Baldwin moderated the event which focused on issues such as recent school shootings, law enforcement and protection efforts, safety education and awareness, as well as policy planning and implementation by communities.
In a special video appearance, former Lt. Governor of Maryland Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, daughter of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, will discuss the growing crisis of gun violence and address the assassinations of her father and uncle, President John F. Kennedy.
In another brief video segment, Representatives Dwight Evans (Philadelphia) and Dan Frankel (Pittsburgh) will speak from the Pennsylvania Capitol and address proposed legislation to deal with handgun violence. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cynthia A. Baldwin Justice (Former) Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Charles F. Dougherty President Duquesne University
- Everett Gillison Deputy Mayor Philadelphia, PA->Public Safety
- David Hemenway Professor Harvard University->School of Public Health
- Alan Korwin Advocate
- Tom Mauser Lobbyist SAFE Colorado
- Marisa Randazzo Chief Psychologist (Former) U.S. Secret Service
- Luke Ravensthal Mayor [D] Pittsburgh
- Jill Smallwood-Rustin Detective Pittsburgh, PA->Police Department
- Diane Strollo Mother
Gun Violence Prevention
In reaction to the December 14, 2012, Newtown, Connecticut, elementary school shooting, advocates and mass shooting…
Public Opinion on Gun Policy
Colleen L. Barry, associate professor and associate chair for Research and Practice in the Department of Health Policy…
Virginia Tech Incident Review, Morning
A public meeting was held of the independent review panel established by Governor Timothy Kaine to review the…
Virginia Tech Incident Review
The first public meeting was held of the independent review panel established by Governor Timothy Kaine. The panel…