Climate Change Legislation
National religious, student, and climate leaders held a rally on Capitol Hill. They had called for a national day of fasting to urge Congress to pass strong climate legislation during the fall session.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Benjamin, Medea Co-Founder CodePink: Women for Peace
- Blackwelder, Brent President (Acting) Friends Of The Earth PAC
- Edgar, Robert "Bob" W. General Secretary National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
- Glick, Ted Coordinator U.S. Climate Emergency Council
- Lyons, Jim Vice President Oxfam America
- Ramey, Ibrahim Director Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Stokan, Jean Policy Director Pax Christi U.S.A.
- Tidwell, Mike Director U.S. Climate Emergency Council
- Tolkan, Jessy Director Energy Action Coalition->Campus Climate Campaign
- Yearwood, Lennox Jr. Official Hip-Hop Summit Action Network
The Election and Climate Action
A panel discussion was held on the results of the 2008 elections and their implications for environmental policy,…
Protesters gathered across from the Vietnam Veterans' War Memorial to speak out against the Bush administration and…
Forward on Climate Rally
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Van Jones spoke at a climate change rally held on the National…
Administration Global Warming Policy
Representatives of several environmental groups discussed the Bush administration’s global warming…