Climate Change Legislation
National religious, student, and climate leaders held a rally on Capitol Hill. They had called for a national day of fasting to urge Congress to pass strong climate legislation during the fall session.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Medea Benjamin Co-Founder CodePink: Women for Peace
- Brent Blackwelder President (Acting) Friends of the Earth
- Robert "Bob" W. Edgar General Secretary National Council of the Churches of Christ in the USA
- Ted Glick Coordinator U.S. Climate Emergency Council
- Jim Lyons Vice President Oxfam America
- Ibrahim Ramey Director Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Jean Stokan Policy Director Pax Christi U.S.A.
- Mike Tidwell Director U.S. Climate Emergency Council
- Jessy Tolkan Director Energy Action Coalition->Campus Climate Campaign
- Lennox Yearwood Jr. Founder, President & CEO Hip Hop Caucus
The Election and Climate Action
A panel discussion was held on the results of the 2008 elections and their implications for environmental policy,…
Protesters gathered across from the Vietnam Veterans' War Memorial to speak out against the Bush administration and…
Forward on Climate Rally
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Van Jones spoke at a climate change rally held on the National…
Administration Global Warming Policy
Representatives of several environmental groups discussed the Bush administration’s global warming…