25th Anniversary of USA Today
A panel of veteran journalists discussed the topic, “Reinventing the News Business: 1982 and Today.” USA Today was launched as… read more
A panel of veteran journalists discussed the topic, “Reinventing the News Business: 1982 and Today.” USA Today was launched as the first national newspaper on September 15, 1982. Mr. Paulson moderated.
Opening remarks were delivered by Neil Kerwin and Larry Kirkman.
This event was part of a celebration by USA Today of its 25th anniversary. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cornelius "Neil" Kerwin President American University
- Larry Kirkman Dean American University->School of Communication
- Allen Neuharth Founder USA Today
- Kenneth A. Paulson Editor-in-Chief USA Today
- John Seigenthaler Sr. Founder Freedom Forum->First Amendment Center
- Helen Thomas Columnist Hearst Newspapers
- Judy Woodruff Senior Correspondent PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
The Influence of USA Today
A panel of former and current USA Today editors discussed the influence of the newspaper on the industry. Topics…
Q&A with Al Neuharth
Al Neuharth talked about the 25-year history of USA Today and the future of the newspaper industry. The newspaper…
Washington Monday Journal USA Today
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…
The Press and Private Lives
In a forum titled “Privacy and the Media” the panelists explored the question of just how far the media…