Senator Byrd Portrait Unveiling
Senator Robert Byrd was honored as his portrait was unveiled in the Old Senate Chamber. He was praised by many present and former… read more
Senator Robert Byrd was honored as his portrait was unveiled in the Old Senate Chamber. He was praised by many present and former colleagues who shared reminiscences. Senator Byrd has represented West Virginia since 1959, making him the longest-serving senator in history. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Howard H. Baker Jr. U.S. Senator (Former) [R] Tennessee
- Robert C. Byrd U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Daniel K. Inouye U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator (Former) [D] Maryland
- John W. Warner U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
Senate session continued overnight and into the next day.
The Senate convened and began a period of morning business. Then the Senate proceeded to consideration of the…
The Senate continued consideration of the defense appropriations with debate on several amendments. In the morning…