War Authors Panel
Two authors talked separately about their books about the war in Iraq. Then they answered questions from members of the audience… read more
Two authors talked separately about their books about the war in Iraq. Then they answered questions from members of the audience together. Colonel Bien (Ret.) moderated.
Rajiv Chandrasekaran talked about his book Imperial Life in the Emerald City: Inside Iraq’s Green Zone, published by Knopf. Mr. Chandrasekaran outlines missteps of the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. Rajiv Chandrasekaran was the Washington Post's Baghdad bureau chief from April 2003 to October 2004.
General Wesley Clark (Ret.) talked about his book A Time to Lead: For Duty, Honor and Country, published by Palgrave Macmillan. Wesley K. Clark was the former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, from 1997 to 2000. He previously served as director of strategic plans and policy for the Joint Staff at the Pentagon from 1994 to 1996.
At the beginning of the program a brief street scene live from the Miami Book Fair International introduced the weekend’s programming. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Lettie Bien Colonel (Retired) U.S. Army Reserve
- Rajiv Chandrasekaran National Editor Washington Post
- Wesley K. Clark Founder and Chairman Leadership for America
- Barbara Skigen Co-Chairman Miami Book Fair International
- Peter Slen Senior Executive Producer C-SPAN->Book TV
More Videos From
Miami Book Fair International Programming
- War Authors Panel
- Book Discussion on God's Harvard
- Common Ground: Interview
- Miami Book Fair International: Open Phones
- Life's a Campaign: Interview
- Book Discussion on The Seventeen Traditions
- Book Discussion on Life's a Campaign
- Book Discussion on The Nine
- Book Discussion on Einstein: His Life and Universe
Book Discussion on Life's a Campaign
Chris Matthews talked about his book, Life’s A Campaign: What Politics Has Taught Me about Friendship, Rivalry,…
Book Discussion on Common Ground
Cal Thomas talked about the book he wrote with Bob Beckel, Common Ground: How to Stop the Partisan War That Is…
Book Discussion on The Seventeen Traditions
Ralph Nader talked about his book The Seventeen Traditions, published by HarperCollins. He described his childhood…
Book Discussion on What Orwell Didn't Know
A panel discussion was held by contributors to What Orwell Didn’t Know: Propaganda and the New Face of American…