Congressional Regulation of Intelligence
The panelists talked about the constitutional role of Congress in intelligence operations. Other topics included the policy issues of… read more
The panelists talked about the constitutional role of Congress in intelligence operations. Other topics included the policy issues of unilateral presidential action versus working with Congress, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), terrorism, intelligence activities, privacy, and civil rights. Suzanne Spaulding moderated. After their discussion, the panelists responded to audience members' questions.
This program began abruptly and is missing approximately one minute.
“Can Congress Regulate Intelligence? Must the President Comply?: A Constitutional and Policy Conversation” was a forum at the 17th Annual Review of the Field of National Security Law Conference of the American Bar Association. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bowman, M. "Spike" Eugene Deputy General Counsel Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Fisher, Louis Legal Specialist Library of Congress->Law Library
- Kris, David S. Associate Dep. Attorney Gen. (Former) Department of Justice
- Parker, Wyndee Deputy Staff Director House Intelligence Committee
- Spaulding, Suzanne E. Minority Staff Director (Former) Senate Select Intelligence Committee
- Turner, Robert F. Co-Founder & Assoc. Director University of Virginia->Center for National Security Law
More Videos From
Extraordinary RenditionMore Videos
Future Surveillance Laws
The panelists offered suggestions for modernizing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) to meet current…
Luncheon Keynote Speech
Rep. Harman, ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, delivered a luncheon keynote…
Justice Department National Security Efforts
Attorney General Mukasey talked about the need to modernize the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). FISA…
National Security, Leaks, and the Press
The panelists talked about the topic of national security secrets in a democracy, including leaks, whistleblowers, and…