Media Coverage of Presidential Campaigns
A panel of journalists talked about the upcoming election year and the changes in campaign coverage. They discussed the presidential… read more
A panel of journalists talked about the upcoming election year and the changes in campaign coverage. They discussed the presidential candidates and topics such as the value of celebrity endorsements, the effects of changes in technology, and the long time lag expected between the important primaries and the conventions. John King moderated. The panelists responded to questions from members of the audience.
This event, “The Long(er) and Winding Road to the White House - Covering the Race for the 2008 Presidential Election,” was held in the main ballroom of the National Press Club. It was sponsored by The Associated Press, the Radio-Television News Directors Association (RTNDA), The Newseum, and the Eric Friedheim National Journalism Library at the National Press Club. close
People in this video
- Barbara Cochran President Radio-Television News Directors Assn.
- Richard S. Dunham President Friedheim (Eric) National Journalism Library->Board of Directors
- Ron Fournier Political Editor Associated Press->Online
- John King Chief National Correspondent CNN
- Jonathan Martin Senior Writer Politico->Politics
- Derek McGinty Anchor WUSA-TV (Washington, DC)->News
- Norah O'Donnell Chief Correspondent MSNBC->Washington, DC
- Susan Page Bureau Chief USA Today->Washington, D.C.
- Jake Tapper Senior Correspondent ABC News->Politics
- Joe Urschel Executive Director Newseum
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
Book Discussion on Breaking News
Some of the contributors talked about their book, Breaking News: How the Associated Press Has Covered War, Peace, and…
Public Opinion and the First Amendment
The Newseum hosted a forum at the National Press Club on the topic of the state of the First Amendment in 2001.…
Media Coverage of the 2000 Presidential Campaign
As part of a conference, “Are We Asking the Right Questions?: A Conference on Watchdog Journalism for Campaign…
Gerald R. Ford Journalism Awards
Former President Gerald Ford spoke before the National Press Club as a representative of the Ford Foundation to award…