Role of Hamas in Middle East Peace Process
Panelists talked about the role of Hamas in the Middle East peace process. They responded to questions from members of the… read more
Panelists talked about the role of Hamas in the Middle East peace process. They responded to questions from members of the audience. Topics included the history and background of Hamas, the issue of one or two states, the Arab opinion on Hamas, and whether Hamas is villain, victim, or missing ingredient. Mr. Freeman moderated.
This event was titled “HAMAS and the Two-State Solution: Villain, Victim, or Missing Ingredient?” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ali Abunimah Co-Founder Electronic Intifada
- Chas W. Freeman Jr. President Middle East Policy Council
- Haim Malka Deputy Director and Fellow Center for Strategic and International Studies->Middle East Program
- Shibley Telhami Professor University of Maryland, College Park->Anwar Sadat Chair for Development and Peace
- Sherifa D. Zuhur Research Professor U.S. Army War College->Islamic and Regional Studies
After Words with Ali Abunimah
Ali Abunimah discussed his book One Country: A Bold Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse, published by…
Participating by telephone, Mr. Telhami, the Anwar Sadat Chair at the University of Maryland at College Park,…
Participating by remote connection from New York City, Professor Telhami talked about the January 25 Palestinian…
Shibley Telhami talked about the Palestinian elections. He talked about the security of the voters. He also…