Smithsonian Institution Funding and Maintenance
Witnesses testified about funding challenges and facilities maintenance problems at the Smithsonian Institution, including security and the current $2.5 billion maintenance backlog.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Goldstein, Mark L. Director Government Accountability Office->Physical Infrastructure Issues
- Kogod, Robert P. Committee Chair Smithsonian Institution->Board of Regents
- Samper, Cristian K. Acting Secretary Smithsonian Institution
- Sant, Roger W. Executive Committee Chairman Smithsonian Institution->Board of Regents
- Bennett, Robert F. U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Feinstein, Dianne U.S. Senator [D] California
Smithsonian Institution Oversight
Witnesses testified about the management of the Smithsonian Institution. It was noted that the Smithsonian’s…
Smithsonian Governance Overhaul
Witnesses testified about operations of the Smithsonian and the administration of its programs since the resignation of…
Cristián Samper, acting secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, and members of the Board of Regents spoke to the…
Following a board of regents meeting, officials spoke to reporters about Smithsonian Institution operations and…