Oil Spills from Non-Tank Vessels
Witnesses testified about oil spill threats, risks, and vulnerabilities posed by large non-tank vessels in light of the recent spill in San… read more
Witnesses testified about oil spill threats, risks, and vulnerabilities posed by large non-tank vessels in light of the recent spill in San Francisco Bay. Topics included the prevalence and environmental impact of non-tank vessel spills, the adequacy and enforcement of vessel response plans, the status of Coast Guard rulemakings, the adequacy of non-tank liability limits, and the allocation of Coast Guard and other federal resources toward oil spill prevention, preparedness, and oil spill research and development in the post-September 11 world. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Allen, Thad W. Commandant U.S. Coast Guard
- Cooper, Mike Chairman Washington State Oil Spill Advisory Cncl.
- Deaver, Bill President and CEO Saltchuk Resources
- Etkin, Dagmar President Environmental Research Consulting
- Fleming, Susan Director Government Accountability Office->Physical Infrastructure Issues
- Glackin, Mary Assistant Administrator National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.
- Boxer, Barbara U.S. Senator [D] California
- Cantwell, Maria U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Inouye, Daniel K. U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Kerry, John F. U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Lautenberg, Frank R. U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Snowe, Olympia J. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Stevens, Theodore "Ted" F. U.S. Senator [R] Alaska
Defense Appropriations Cloture Vote
Senators spoke to reporters about the failure of a cloture vote on Department of Defense appropriations legislation…
Democratic Radio Address
In the weekly Democratic radio address Senator Cantwell talked about high gasoline prices and alternative fuels.
Telephone lines were open for comments on the risks and benefits of offshore drilling.
Craig Pittman spoke by phone about reaction in Florida to President Obama’s announcement on offshore…