Black Voter Turnout
A rally was held to begin an eight-state mass mobilization effort to get out the vote in the black community. Hazel Edney… read more
A rally was held to begin an eight-state mass mobilization effort to get out the vote in the black community. Hazel Edney moderated. Youth leader Michaelyn Oby performed songs.
This event was held at the Masonic Temple where the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered his “Mountaintop” speech.
This event titled “Black Voter Turnout and The Road to the White House” was co-sponsored by PowerPAC.org. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kirk Clay Director Common Cause->Voting and Electoral Reform Program
- Hazel Trice Edney Editor-in-Chief National Newspaper Publishers Assn.->News Service
- Marco McClendon President National Action Network->Arkansas
- Michaelyn Phaith Oby Student LeMoyne-Owen College
- Fred Redmond Vice President United Steelworkers->International
- Al Sharpton Jr. Founder and President National Action Network
- Ronald W. Walters Professor University of Maryland, College Park->Government
- Richard Womack Member NAACP->Board of Directors
Blacks and the 2004 Election
Black leaders and representatives of get-out-the-vote organizations discussed black voters and the 2004…
Voter Unity Campaign Launch
Officials held a news conference to talk about the Unity '04 Campaign. The campaign was designed to be a voter…
African-American Voter Participation
Participants talked about levels of voter turn out in the 2002 midterm elections among the African-American community…
Panelists analyzed the 2008 presidential election results, focusing on issues of concern to the African American…