Legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Buddhist leaders held an interfaith discussion that focused on the relationship between spiritual practice… read more
Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Buddhist leaders held an interfaith discussion that focused on the relationship between spiritual practice and social change. They talked about the lessons of justice and equality that inspire their own activism. The Reverend C. Welton Gaddy moderated.
This event in honor of the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was held in the Edmond J. Safra Hall of the Museum of Jewish Heritage. close
People in this video
- Daniel Berrigan Member West Side Jesuit Community
- Calvin O. Butts III Pastor Abyssinian Baptist Church
- C. Welton Gaddy President Interfaith Alliance
- David G. Marwell Director Museum of Jewish Heritage
- Ingrid Mattson Director Hartford Seminary->Islamic Chaplaincy Program
- T. Kenjitsu Nakagaki Head Resident Minister New York Buddhist Church
- Albert Vorspan Director Emeritus Union for Reform Judaism->Social Action
Book Discussion on Kasztner's Train
Anna Porter talked about her book Kasztner’s Train: The True Story of an Unknown Hero of the Holocaust. The book…
Book Discussion on Virginity or Death!
Katha Pollitt talked about her book Virginity or Death!: And Other Social and Political Issues of Our Time, published…
Religion and Judicial Nominations
Senators and religious leaders spoke to reporters about charges that Democratic opposition to judicial nominations was…
New York Jews in the Age of Immigration
Co-authors Annie Polland and Daniel Soyer talked about their book, Emerging Metropolis: New York Jews in the Age of…