Mexican Trucking Program
Transportation Department officials testified in an oversight hearing about the current Cross-Border Truck Pilot Program. This pilot… read more
Transportation Department officials testified in an oversight hearing about the current Cross-Border Truck Pilot Program. This pilot program, administered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, provides temporary operating authority to a limited number of Mexican and U.S. motor carriers for cross-border commercial operation. Senator Dorgan stated that the Senate had voted in 2007 to prohibit the use of appropriated funds for the program. Advocates for truck drivers and auto safety also testified. Sheryl McGurk testified about the 2005 accident involving a Mexican truck that killed her parents.
Senator Byron Dorgan, chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Interstate Commerce, requested the oversight hearing. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Paul Cullen General Counsel Owner Operator Independent Drivers Assn.
- Jacqueline "Jackie" S. Gillan Vice President Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
- D.J. Gribbin General Counsel Department of Transportation
- Sheryl McGurk Daughter
- Mary E. Peters Secretary Department of Transportation
- Calvin L. Scovel III Inspector General Department of Transportation
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Mark Pryor U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
Fiscal Year 2009 Department of Transportation Budget
A hearing was held on the proposed fiscal year 2009 budget for the Department of Transportation. Topics included…
Bridge Safety, Part 1
The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee held a hearing on structurally deficient bridges in the United…
Aviation Delays and Consumer Issues
A hearing was held on aviation delays and consumer issues. Department of Transportation Inspector General Scovel…
Funding the Highway Trust Fund
Witnesses testified on the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission report, Transportation…