Ethics of Watergate Lawyers
Participants talked about the Watergate scandal and lessons learned by the legal profession. Two White House insiders and two members… read more
Participants talked about the Watergate scandal and lessons learned by the legal profession. Two White House insiders and two members of the prosecution team talked about how White House lawyers got themselves in trouble and how they dealt with their mistakes, their relationships as cooperating witnesses with the prosecutors, and the ethical issues involved. They responded to questions from members of the audience. Mr. Lillehaug moderated. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Breyer, Charles R. Assistant Special Prosecutor (Former) Department of Justice->Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
- Dean, John W. Counsel (Former) White House
- Krogh, Egil "Bud" II Deputy Counsel (Former) White House
- Lillehaug, David L. U.S. Attorney (Former) Department of Justice->District of Minnesota
- Shea, Hank Senior Fellow University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN)
- Wine-Banks, Jill Assistant Special Prosecutor (Former) Department of Justice->Watergate Special Prosecution Force.
The Importance of Ethics and Integrity
Egil Krogh announced an “Integrity Zone” campaign. He talked about his experiences as a deputy counsel…
John Dean on Watergate
John Dean spoke with students about his experiences in the Nixon administration during the Watergate scandal. He…
Politics and Corruption
Former Governor Rowland talked about his political downfall that culminated in a prison term. In 2004, the…
Reflections of Dan Rostenkowski
Richard Norton Smith interviewed former Representative Dan Rostenkowski about his life and…