U.S.- Colombia Free Trade Agreement
A video journalist traveled to various parts of Colombia to document conditions in the country, conducted interviews with local officials… read more
A video journalist traveled to various parts of Colombia to document conditions in the country, conducted interviews with local officials and a Congressional Delegation to Colombia led by the U.S. Trade Representative, Susan Schwab, as well as examined the potential impact a free trade agreement would have on Colombia.
Ambassador Schwab and nine members of Congress traveled to Medellin and Cartagena, Colombia, on April 4-6, 2008, the weekend before the President sent the trade agreement to Capitol Hill on April 7th. When the program aired, the House had voted to remove the timetable for consideration of the trade deal. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William Brownfield Ambassador United States->Colombia
- Phil English U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Bob Etheridge U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- Sergio Fajardo Mayor (Former) Medellin, Colombia
- Henry "Hank" C. Johnson Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Luis Plata Trade Minister Colombia
- David "Dave" Reichert U.S. Representative [R] Washington
- Susan C. Schwab Trade Representative Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Alvaro Uribe Velez President Colombia